Resources for Careers Teachers
2020 WEBINAR RECORDINGS
TIS is covering:
- Year 10 Subject Selection
- VTAC Applications
- SEAS and Scholarships
- Transition and Moving Away From Home
IMPORTANT EVENTS – ALL FULL MEMBER INSTITUTIONS 2020
TIS has collated all the key events from participating institutions for Term 3 and 4.
You may find them sorted by institution here. This page also includes a number of programs that students can tap into throughout the year.
If you’d prefer to peruse important dates by month, you may access that page here.
VTAC has released a series of videos which you may find of assistance to your students.
SCHOOL BASED CAREERS EVENTS
TIS recognises that a number of schools run their own tertiary information events and we appreciate the time and effort you put in to hosting them. We have created a poster, with some advice you may wish to consider to ensure a smooth and successful event.
Some key tips to note are:
- Avoid peak periods in term 2 and term 3
- Daytime events are encouraged
- Event duration of maximum of 2 hours, to create a sense of urgency among visitors
- Due to health and safety considerations for reps, evening events should not run past 8pm
- Run events with schools nearby, or on alternate years
Download a printable poster to have in your careers office.